Position: Lead Facilitator
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 12-15 hours per week (must be available evenings)
Term: January 2019 - September 2019, with option for extension
Closing date: Until suitable candidate is found
Ignite, a project of the North Peace Youth Support Association is seeking a Lead Facilitator for our youth centre. The successful candidate will facilitate evening programming and assist the Executive Director with administrative and coordination tasks as needed.
This position will report to the Executive Director. This contract will commence as soon as possible through June 30th, 2018 and may be extended based on funding and review.
Ignite is an initiative of the North Peace Youth Support Association. It has been in operation since 1994 and has been a lifeline for many area youth. Ignite provides direct programming in the areas of technology, music, art, wellness, performance and more to youth ages 11-18. We participate in community events designed to engage the youth to volunteer and give back. We strive to create an environment that allows youth to develop skills and self esteem in a supportive, fun, and inclusive environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Work schedule is comprised of time spent on facilitation, coordination, and administration or as directed by the Executive Director to adequately cover programming. Must be available some evenings and weekends in addition to the shifts listed below.
• Facilitate evening programming*.
o Thursday 6:00pm-9:30pm (3.5 hours)
o Friday 6:00pm-10:30pm (4.5 hours)
*additional hours decided at time of hiring.
• Support guest facilitators in setting up the centre and centre management.
• Assist Executive Director with special events (occasional weekend work may be required).
• Modeling a positive attitude, behaviors, life choices, communication and problem solving skills.
• Positively motivate and engage students in all activities and assist in preparing and facilitating activities to ensure the success and completion of activity.
• Provide daily maintenance of the youth centre. Ensure that the youth is properly set up and returned to original state after use.
• Assist in the distribution, completion and collection of all official forms such as registration forms and evaluation forms.
• Create and disseminate marketing materials with assistance from the executive director
• Enter data related to programming and evaluation.
• Is familiar with and adheres to the program manual and agency policies especially regarding Code of Ethics, Professionalism and Confidentiality.
• Ensures that all required documentation is accurate and complete, reports to supervisor regularly.. Notifies supervisor of any incidents and complete an Incident Report Form if required.
• Interest and preferably, experience working with youth between the ages of 11-18.
• Demonstrate sociable, outgoing personality, and strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrate strong relationship-building skills and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to provide mentorship/role modeling to youth.
• Knowledge of youth issues, service gaps and needs at a community level.
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
• Excellent organizational, planning, time-management skills.
• Strong communication (writing and oral) skills.
• Proficient with MS word, databases, spreadsheets, internet explorer etc.
Other Employment Requirements:
• Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
• Children and Family Services Check
• Standard First Aid Certificate
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Must be 21 or over and not have attended Ignite programming as a participant within 2 years.
North Peace Youth Support Association is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders and sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.